Hermann area vintners will hold the Berries & BarBQ Wine Trail July 28 and 29. Visitors can sample food and wine pairings at seven stops on the Hermann Wine Trail winding for 20 scenic miles between Hermann and New Haven, MO along the Missouri River. Hermann is an hour and a half drive from St. Louis.
Here are the participating wineries and the wines/foods they will be offering:
• Adam Puchta Winery — Heritage BarBQ, paired with Riefenstahler
• Bias Winery — Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs, paired with Strawberry Fruit Smoothie
• Dierberg Star Lane — Grilled Pork Chop with Gooseberry-Sage Sauce, paired with Star Lane
• Hermannhof Winery — Caribbean-Spiced Grilled Pineapple with Raspberry-Mango Chutney,
paired with Vignoles
• OakGlenn Winery — Graped Brisket, paired with Chardonel
• Röbller Winery — Berry Glazed Pork Kabobs, paired with St. Vincent Rosé
• Stone Hill Winery — Barbecued Chicken, paired with Sangria
Wine Trail hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.Sunday. The trails are held rain or shine. Tickets are $30 per person and include a souvenir wine glass. Participants also may enter a drawing for a one-night stay at a Hermann bed and breakfast, plus a $30 gift certificate from each winery.
Held each year the last full weekend of July, Berries & BarBQ Wine Trail is one of five annual Wine Trail events. Holiday Fare Wine Trail is the third weekend of November, Say Cheese Wine Trail is the second weekend of December, Chocolate Wine Trail is the third weekend of February, and the Wild Card Wine Trail is the first weekend of May.
To learn more visit www.HermannWineTrail.com.