With food prices climbing almost daily, every deal helps.
Sappington Farmers’ Market is again offering $10 off a $50 or more purchase with coupon on Thursday, Dec. 1 only. The market is at 8400 Sappington.
The $10 off coupon is in several local publications or you can get the coupon here.
The fine print: you can’t use the coupon on milk products, liquor, gift certificates or case items.
On the first Saturday of each month, Home Depot offers free hands-on workshops for kids from 9 a.m. until noon. On Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011, the kids will make a snowman napkin holder.
The workshops are a great way for kids to learn wood skills and tool safety and to spend quality time together as a family.
The kids get to take their project home and they receive a free Kids Workshop apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
The workshops are designed for children ages 5-12.
Find a Home Depot near you.
Monet's water lillies
The public can see the St. Louis Art Museum‘s Monet’s Water Lillies exhibit for free on Fridays. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays. The museum offers only timed-entry tickets to the exhibit which runs until Jan. 22.
Artist Claude Monet‘s pond in his garden at Giverny, just west of Paris, inspired the three panels of the water lillies. The Saint Louis Art Museum, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City and The Cleveland Museum of Art, each holds one of the panels of about 7 feet by 14 feet. The panels were last seen together in 1980 at the St. Louis Art Museum.
The St. Louis Art Museum is in Forest Park on Fine Arts Drive.
The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. It is closed Mondays. On days other than Fridays, the museum exhibit charges are $10 for adults, $8 for students and seniors, $6 for children 6 to 12. It’s free for children younger than 6. An audio tour that accompanies the exhibit is included in the price of $8 and $10 tickets. Audio tours are available on Fridays for $3.
Here’s a great way to spend Friday night.
The Atomic Duo and Friends will be playing at the Stone Spiral Coffeehouse in Maplewood Friday, Dec. 2.
The music starts about 6:30 p.m. and stops around 9. The band is promising “lots of new and old tunes for your listening enjoyment.”
Stop by after work for some adult beverages, food and great conversation. The Stone Spiral is at 2500 Sutton Ave. in Maplewood.
The Atomic Duo will have copies available of their recently released CD–”Long Time Coming.”
As 2011 begins to wind down in its final weeks, there’s still time to save money with the St. Louis Family Attractions card.
One of St. Louis’ best kept secrets, the Family Attractions Card can save you up to $1,000 in entrance fees, meals and lodging. All you have to do is go to the site and print out the free coupons. If you can’t or don’t want to print them, just go to any Dierbergs, Shop ‘n Save or Schnucks and pick up the Family Attractions Card brochure at the customer service counter.
Here’s just a sample of the savings you’ll find at the following attractions:
- Missouri History Museum: $2 off per person on special exhibition admission price.Fine print: Limit two per coupon. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons or discounts. Expires Dec. 31, 2012
- Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House of the Missouri Botanical Garden: Buy one admission and get a second admission of equal or lesser value free.Fine print: Not valid for special admission rate events. Not valid for groups or with any other discount or offer. One coupon per customer. Expires Jan. 31, 2012.
- St. Louis Cardinals: Receive 50 percent off select seats to any Wednesday home game during the 2011 regular season. To redeem, visit cardinals.com/family. Fine print: Offer not valid for Party Suite tickets. Offer based on availability. Additional blackout dates may apply. Expires Sept. 21, 2012.
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Buy one admission and receive a second admission of equal or lesser value free. Not valid for special admission rate events. Fine prints: Not valid for groups or with any other discount or offer. One coupon per customer. Expires Jan. 31, 2012.
- Grant’s Farm: Save 15 percent on a total merchandise purchase. Fine print: Offer good one time only and may not be used with any other discount. Valid for 2011 operating season.
For the coupons and more deals click here.
There’s still time to enjoy the savings offered by Vineyard Values Card on tours, wine, gifts and other items at some of Missouri’s most popular wineries.
With the card, you’ll get 10 “deals” at Stone Hill Winery, St. James Winery, Chaumette Winery, Le Bourgeois Winery, Mount Pleasant Estates, Cave Vineyard, Montelle Winery, Augusta Winery, Sainte Genevieve Winery and St. Francois Winery.
Pick up a Vineyard Values Card at the courtesy counter at any local Shop N Save store or print one here.
Here’s a place where you can find something for everyone on your list–from you son’s teacher to Grandma Jean. And you can still enjoy those Cyber Monday prices until Friday.
It’s Mother Earth Pillows with a wide range of buckwheat hull pillows, herbal flax pillows and therapists kits.
Spend $100 and get a Simplicity Big Heart pillow, a $30 value. Mother Earth Pillows are all natural and are used for therapy and comfort, rehabilitation and pain management.
The 42nd annual Way of Lights display is underway at Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville, Ill.
Drive through scenic fantasy of more than a million lights as they wind past electro-art sculptures, life-size figures and displays that depict the Christmas Story.
The display is up until Jan. 1, 2012. Hours are 5-9 p.m. Our Lady of the Snows is located on Illinois State Highway 15 east.
The event includes tree and wreath displays, an interactive children’s village, camel rides and an indoor laser show.
There is no admission fee to drive through the Way of Lights. However, donations are accepted. With a donation of $10 or more, you can receive a Way of Lights limited edition plush animal. There is a fee for the camel rides, the laser show and other activities.
Tuesday is Family Night with special prices for the various activities, $2 off the buffet and 15 percent off purchases of $30 or more in the gift shop. And, St. Nick will be visiting the Children’s Village.
Special events include:
- Las Mañanitas, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., Sun., Dec. 11-Mon., Dec. 12, 2011 at the Our Lady of the Snows Church. The celebration begins with a serenade to Our Mother, followed by a midnight Mass in the church. It concludes with pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread) and hot chocolate.
- 5K Way of Lights Competitive Run and 1-mile Fun Run/Walk, Sat., Jan 7, 2012. Registration is $20 for the competitive run and $10 for the Fun Run/Walk.
The Container Store is extending its free shipping for purchases of at least $100 to the entire week. Use the code OHJOY at checkout. Plus save up to 40 percent on sale items.
You’ll find both funny and sarcastic tees at LOL Shirts. We love the one about nerds and pi.
And today–Cyber Monday–most shirts are $5.99. Actually there are a few for $4.99. Plus you get free shipping. Need any more reason to buy?
Thanks to Carolyn at Wichita On The Cheap for the tip!