Maplewood describes its Let Them Eat Art event on Friday as a “tribute to Bastille Day. . .a place where ‘Mardi Gras meets the Christmas Tree Walk,’ a self-guided tour of enchantment and excitement through Historic Downtown Maplewood’s shops and restaurants.”
Also on tap is a “Don’t Dream It. . .Be It” costume contest with several categories. Winners in each category get $100 and their photo will appear on the city of Maplewood website and on Blacktie St. Louis. The winner of the People’s Choice Award get the key to the city.
The Let Them Eat Art action is packed into the hours of 6 to 11 p.m. Friday evening.
The event actually has 50 venues scattered throughout the central business district, among them:
- Schlafly Bottleworks with Route 66 author Norma Bolin who has penned Route 66 St. Louis: From the Bridges to the Diamonds and The Route 66 St. Louis Cookbook: The Mother Lode of Recipes from the Mother Road and a screening of Bill Boll‘s “Built For Speed–The Coral Court Motel.”
- Citizens National Bank Park where Boney Goat Band will entertain and Mad Science of St. Louis will spark imaginative learning.
- Acero Ristorante where St. Louis native Jane Godfrey will perform.
- Kakao Chocolate where Terri Langerak will play the harp.
- PNC Bank where Power Play will entertain.